Sunday, October 26, 2014

Zomtober 2014 Week Four Recap


This is the final Sunday for Zomtober, it has been a fun month!  I feel I have been pretty productive, I fell far short of my goal, but I did get quite a few zombies painted.  Technically we have until Friday, if I manage to finish any zombies by then, I will get another post up.  I am looking forward to actually getting back to continuing my ATZ campaign, with holidays coming up it will be a bit hit or miss.

This week's recap:

I finished my Season 1 figs, and finished one group of season 2.  As a bonus I did a quick repaint/rebase of a HorrorClix Executed Convict (#054, base set).  On with the show:
More Zombies!
White looks better in person
Anyone remember Fantasy Island?
White was one of the colors I chose for a group.  I know white is a tough color to utilize, but I figured the zombie wash would help, and make it easier.  I was kind of right, the white in the pictures looks much more bright than it does in person.  I know it's probably from the flash, but I don't have good light so - meh.

The season 2 figs were a fun change from the season 1, and a welcome relief!  I will continue painting them, not at the speed I was doing them for Zomtober, but I hope to get them done by 2015.  I'll throw some pics up as I finish them.  To be honest, I am looking forward to playing rather than painting in the near future - I just didn't have time for both this month!

I combined all the zombies from Zomtober for a few group shots.  Not a bad looking horde if I may say so myself!
Zomtober Horde
 
 

I have really enjoyed Zomtober, it was a great excuse to get some painting done.  Now to get these all used in some games!
All together now!
Mark needs more than a bat!
So the final tally this week is 32 Zombicide figs (24 from season 1, 8 from season 2) and 1 Horrorclix, for a total of 33 zombies painted.  My Zomtober total is 95 zombies painted.  I still have a ton of figs left to paint, but at least this made a dent in the unpainted figs pile in my house!

Thanks for everyone's encouragement this month!  It has been awesome to see what everyone has done this past month.  The zombies and survivors have been awesome to see, and the creativity of some people is unbelievable!

17 comments:

  1. WOW! That is a serious amount of zombies dude!
    Great job, yeah I can't wait to read your batreps/AAR's again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!

      The goal was to paint a bunch of zombies, and it feel like that is what I got. The batreps should start up soon enough, I am anxious to get back to the adventure.

      Delete
  2. As you say, white can be tricky. You've done very well with it.

    Liked the Fantasy Island reference too. To quote zombie Hervé Villechaize, "The brains! The brains!"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HAHAHA! I am glad someone got the reference! Now I just need to find a dwarf zombie in a suit...

      Delete
  3. Great achievement and what a horde!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I did get a bunch done, and I am pretty happy with them.

      Delete
  4. Congrats on completing the Zomtober challenge. I do like the big horde shots you ended on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! They look pretty good as a group, individual, not so much...

      Delete
  5. What a tremendous effort ! The horde shot shows that it was all worth the effort you've put in. The white "section" is excellent and I fully understand the camera colour thing.
    Good luck finding a suitable "Tattoo", but I still won't be visiting your fantasy Island.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhh, but the Fantasy Island will come after you!

      Thanks, I am still not sure about the white, but they look good all together.

      Delete
  6. Yep, Mark is in trouble :-) . Seriously, that's a hugely productive month - I'm mightily impressed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Painting that many is tough in a short time. I tried to just stay on task, and I am pretty happy to have gotten so many done. Thanks!

      Delete
  7. That is impressive, almost a hundred models in a month. They look great. Is the one Carlo Mantaban?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, and excellent guess! I painted him in a white suit, and Fantasy Island popped to mind... I figured who else would make a great figure in white, even during the zombie apocalypse?

      Delete
  8. Very nice horde! Makes my 11 finished zeds look puny haha!

    ReplyDelete