Sunday, October 19, 2014

Zomtober 2014 Week Three Recap


So far, October has been a pretty good month!  Lots of people have some amazing zombies and survivors to see on their blogs.  As an added bonus, The Walking Dead has started up again.  Always great inspiration for the zombie apocalypse!

This week, I completed a few more Zombicide miniatures, and have the remainder of season 1 primed and ready as well as blocked in for color.  I hope to have the first season completed by the end of Zomtober, and some of season 2 completed as well.  We'll see!

This week's tally:  I finished a few groups of Zombicide figs, the remaining zombies from the Season 1 box are primed or have their block colors started.  If I can match this weeks production, I should have all my season one zombies completed by next Sunday.  As a bonus, I repainted a pair of HorrorClix, Sorority Zombie (#044 base set).

Group Shot!
Blue, Pink and Green
No sign of the living...
Hate to go sown that street...
This weeks total is 26 zombies finished.  That brings my Zomtober total to 62 zombies painted.  I have 24 left from Season 1 of Zombicide.  With some luck I can at least get some of Season 2 started, maybe even complete before Halloween.

18 comments:

  1. That's a very impressive output.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They won't win any contests, but they are getting painted! That's what my primary goal is for Zomtober...

      Delete
  2. I love your zombicide zombies. You have a good paint job for such a large quantity painted.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! They really look better in pictures than they deserve. It is a simple scheme, with a few colors blocked out on each fig, and then a liberal wash of brown/black and some dry brushing after. They do look good all together, I can't wait to get a game in!

      Delete
  3. Great progress. The unified color schemes bring cohesion to the different groups.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They give the added bonus of being able to use them in 'units' if I ever need to. I am glad to be almost done with season 1, the same figs are getting boring to paint...

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thanks! They really look good as a horde I think.

      Delete
  5. I agree with Finch, the colour grouping really works well and the zombies look really vicious as The Horde. Really good job.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much! The grouping might be useful later as well.

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. I have been inspired to keep the production going, just to finish the damn things if nothing else.

      Delete
  7. Wow, good progress indeed. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks again, luckily it's a pretty easy paint scheme and goes quickly.

      Delete
  8. Now that's zombie productivity! Well done sir!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are getting done. I am pretty happy with the progress, I hope to get to some season 2 figs this week.

      Delete
  9. I'm a great advocate of your mass production techniques, a simple but effective means of producing a horde.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! The horde has increased very quickly this month. None of the figs will win a painting competition, but they look pretty good as a horde!

      Delete